My love of abbreviations, mnemonics, acrostics and the like started at University.
Using them I was able to condense 100’s of pages of course notes down to a few post-its.
They’re very powerful.
But only if you know what they mean.
So for the first time, just for you dear Qigong Daily reader here is a list of abbreviations commonly used at Qigong15 headquarters along with their meanings.
In no particular order, I give you:
- PERFECT – Preparation, Enter a QSoM, Really Smile From Your Heart, Form, Energy Flow, Cosmic Balance, Time to Complete. The 7 steps of PERFECT. A simple, direct and powerful way to practice and gain the benefits of Qigong in just 15 minutes.
- QSoM – Qigong State of Mind. 1st of the 3 core skills of Qigong. Think of it as being relaxed and focused at the same time.
- QSHSC – Qigong Secrets Home Study Course. A 22 lesson step-by-step Qigong home study course. Available in DVD format or online.
- PEMS – Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual. The 4 types of health commonly focused on in the west.
- PQS – PERFECT Qigong System. Lets you master the techniques of Qigong quickly, so you can start developing those vital Qigong skills. Remember, it’s all about the skills baby!
- SMEF – Self Manifested Energy Flow. Sometimes called ‘Medical Qigong’. It’s where 2 or more Qigong exercises are practiced in the same session.
- Q15 – Qigong15.com The home of Qigong goodness on the Internet. 700+ posts on all aspects of Qigong and rising!
- PET – Personal Evolution Tool. I consider Qigong to be the ultimate PET.
- 6R’s – Resting, Recharging, Renewing, Reenergising, Recovering, Refuelling. Qigong is a powerful tool for giving you the 6R’s. But is not a replacement for good ole fashioned sleep. The ultimate R!
- SCK – Shaolin Chi Kung: 18 Exercises To Help You Live a Longer, Healthier and Happier Life. My first book on Qigong written back in 2008.
- QD – Qigong Daily. That’s the email you’re reading now.
- EIS – Emotional Immune System. A strong EIS helps you to thrive inspite of what your life may throw at you. Covered in great detail in my book Smiling From The Heart.
- SFTH – Smiling From The Heart. A key part of entering a QSoM and the title of my 2nd Book on Qigong. Focuses on Qigong and non-Qigong tools for overcoming mild to moderate depression, anxiety, worry, fear; that promote healthy self-esteem and increase your resistance to the stresses and strains of modern life.
- PYE – Playing Your Edge. Means every time you practice you try just a tiny bit harder. Usually applies to Qigong practices like Zhan Zhuang. PYE is sustainable and promotes growth. It is the opposite of gritting your teeth and baring it.
- BYE – Best You Ever. Nuff said really. Qigong is the ultimate tool helping you to become your BYE.
- WASPS – Worry, Anxiety, Self Pity, Stress. Nasty emotions, states of mind and reactions to life events that sting you in the backside. Qigong is a great antidote for WASPS.
- Q365 – Qigong365.com A daring project I tried back in 2011 to write a Qigong related blog post every day for a whole year. Went on to become my 3rd book: Qigong Daily – 365 Big Ideas To Transform Your Qigong and Your Life. The website even allows you to press a button and generate a ‘random’ Qigong thought for the day. Neat stuff.
I’m sure there are more, but that’s enough for now.
Whether you want to develop your BYE, get rid of WASPS or want to practice SMEF and strengthen your EIS – Qigong has much to offer you.
Bye for now