I was driving home from my mum and dads after a couple of hours of knife making.
I had the radio on in the background and the presenter reported the following bizarre story:
A 60 year old Dutch man developed an overwhelming love for Jonny Cash music after having electrodes fitted into parts of his brain to overcome severe anxiety.
Shortly afterwards, the man known only as Mr B, heard Ring of Fire.
From that moment on Mr B was hooked, bought all of his CD’s and DVD’s and wouldn’t listen to anything else.
When I got home I thought: “I’ve got to check that out. It can’t be true.”
But it is.
The story comes from a case study in the journal: Frontiers in Behavioural Neuroscience.
And you can read all about it here.
The brain really is a wondrous thing.
When the batteries on the electrode implants run down, Mr B’s musical tastes return back to what they were before the operation: a few Dutch singers and the Rolling Stones.
As side effects from Western Medicine go, it’s pretty mild.
I’ve always found it fascinating that here in the West, when we talk about holistic medicine we consider the:
Dimensions of a human.
Yet from the Qigong perspective there are only two areas:
With the Emotional, Mental and Spiritual aspects corresponding to the Heart.
As a result, from the Qigong point of view, emotional, mental and spiritual problems are best overcome using Qigong exercises and healing techniques that work directly on the Heart system.
Doing so can help you to quickly:
- Overcome mild to moderate depression.
- Free yourself from impotent Worry
- Kick fear into touch once and for all.
- Develop bullet proof self esteem
- Increase your resistance to chronic stress
In my book Smiling From The Heart I focus on 3 powerful principles for working with the Heart system:
1) Opening the Heart – The Heart is known as the Emperor in TCM. When it is open it benefits all the systems in your body.
- Butterfly Dancing in Front of Flowers
- Smiling from the Heart
- Emperor Walks Heart Opens
- The healing power of nature
2) Calming the Mind – A calm mind makes it easier to nurture your spirit and manage your emotions.
- Inner Journey
3) Enhancing Energy Flow – Being able to enhance energy flow is what makes Qigong such a powerful healing tool. From the Qigong perspective, all illness is caused by blockages to harmonious energy flow. Enhancing your energy flow can remove these blockages.
- The 7 steps of my PERFECT Qigong System
- Lifting The Sky
- Embrace Buddha
- Dancing Lohan
- Be Happy Qigong set
Smiling From The Heart is more than just a book.
Think of it as a toolkit containing 29 powerful tools.
Using video, sound recordings and PDF’s I’ll show you simply, clearly and step by step how to use these tools skilfully and efficiently.
Then I’ll show you how to create your own bespoke, tailor made MAP.
Massive Action Plan
To treat your individual needs.
Because one size doesn’t fit all Grasshopper.
And if you’ll use it you can live a happier, healthier and more fulfilling life, in spite of what the future may throw at you.
If that sounds useful to you, if you’d like access to everything I’ve mentioned without having to pay a small fortune or leave the comfort of your own home…
Bye for now
P.S. Smiling From The Heart is not my best selling book.
Which I’ve always found a little odd because it’s probably the most hands on, useful straight out of the box book I’ve ever written.
I wrote it specifically for helping you overcome emotional, mental and spiritual troubles.
- 162 pages of information you can’t find anywhere else.
- 9 videos to show you how to bring the exercises to life
- 2 sound recordings to guide you.
- A vital PDF essential to your success
I pulled from every useful resource I could find to help you thrive and I poured my heart and soul into creating the best Qigong resource full of tools and techniques you can easily use to discover a simpler way to a happier life.
There is nothing else like it out there.
And it won’t leave you with an over whelming compulsion to listen to Jonny Cash =)