Here’s a question for you…
Have you ever wondered what the difference is between QP’s (Qigong Players) who make great progress with their practice and those who don’t?
I think about it a lot.
And today I’d like to share with you 7 habits successful QP’s all have in common.
If the benefits you’re getting from your practice leave a little to be desired, chances are you’re missing one or more of the following.
So in no particular order or importance I give you:
1) They have clear aims and objectives for their practice – Why are you practicing Qigong? What benefits do you want? Are your expectations realistic?
I never cease to be amazed how many QP’s have no idea what there answers are to these questions and their results usually reflect it.
2) They track their progress in many different specific areas – Progress with Qigong usually takes time and it’s easy to become disillusioned if you don’t start to see tangible results from your practice.
But the thing that most people miss is Qigong works on your most important health issues first and they may not be the ones you think are important.
So whilst your busy focused on getting rid of your asthma, you completely miss how much calmer you are, how it takes so much more to get you angry. And because you miss these health benefits, you think your practice isn’t working and very nearly give up.
Until a loved one close to you points them out!
That’s exactly what happened to me.
Don’t let it happen to you.
3) They Practice at least once a day every day – Haphazard practice equals haphazard results. Qigong is an art that requires discipline. As I’m very fond of saying:
“Qigong ain’t no 30 day miracle cure!”
4) They ask questions when they get stuck – Hey, everyone gets stuck at some point during their Qigong adventure.
The smart QP reaches out and asks for help when it happens.
That is of course if the author of the book or DVD you bought actually bothers to reply directly to your questions…
Just saying =)
5) They focus on the 3 Core Skills of Qigong – Why?
Because they know that entering a QSoM is essential to practicing Qigong. Without this skill you’re not doing Qigong, you’re doing gentle exercise.
They know it’s Energy Flow that gives you the health and energy benefits of Qigong and they know Standing Zen strengthens and brings together the benefits of your practice.
6) They enjoy their practice – Their practice is a treat for them, not a chore. They know their 15 minute practice enhances the “Rest, Repair and Build” of their central nervous system.
And gives their over-stimulated “Fight or Flight” centre a chance to relax.
7) They believe they are responsible for their health – Too many people choose to believe there is a “Pill for Every Ill“, that they can make poor lifestyle choices and when their body breaks down they can simply go to their medical advisor and get a pill to make everything better.
But the good news is, if you’ve read this far, you’re not like that.
8) They follow instructions – They’ve done their homework before choosing an online Qigong course, book, DVD set or good Qigong teacher to learn from. As a result they have faith in the effectiveness of the instructions and simply follow them.
Hey, I just noticed that’s 8 Habits, what can I say?
I like to over deliver.
Before I wrap up for today, I’d like to tell you about a 9th habit I’ve noticed highly successful Qigong Player have…
They practice PERFECT Qigong.
Because it allows them to tick all of the boxes above.
If you’d like to join them, I recommend you make this your next stop:
P.S. Clarabella and I got a lovely new washing machine yesterday.
Exactly the same as the old one =) They deliver it tomorrow – LOL!